Resona Group App International Transfer Service
Resona Group App international transfer service
Resona Bank, Saitama Resona Bank, Kansai Mirai Bank
Available only to users who satisfy all of the following conditions:
- (1)Individual customers using the Resona Group App (not including sole proprietors, nonresidents, Resona Bank Alpha Branch, Beta Branch customers, Kansai Mirai Bank Icho Namiki Branch customers)
- (2)Customers aged 20 or older at the time of applying for the international transfer service agreement
- (3)Customers who have satisfied the Bank's specified screening criteria
4．How to apply
Apply from the Resona Group App
Available 24 hours/day (may be down at times for maintenance)
6．Content of service
Use this service to transfer funds in Japanese yen to a recipient overseas to be received in your designated currency or in Japanese yen.
7．Purposes of transfer
Transfers may be made for the following purposes only:
(i) Transfers to an account in your own name (ii) Transfers to your home or family (iii) School expenses (admission fees, tuition) (iv) Savings, Asset management, Insurance costs (v) Travel expenses (vi) Medical expenses (vii) Salary, remuneration (viii) Donations
*May not be used to pay for product purchases or for commercial purposes.
*May not be used for transfers that must be confirmed by the bank, such as those requiring prior permission, approval, notification, registration, etc. under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act.
8．Transfer amount/frequency limits
- (1)Monthly (from the first day to the last day of every month): 500,000 yen (up to nine times/month)
- (2)Annually (January 1 to December 31 each year): 1.5 million yen
Available only for transfers to countries and regions specified by the Bank.
(The following countries and regions as of May 2021)
The United States of America, the United Kingdom, Italy, Australia, Canada, South Korea, Singapore, Switzerland, Sweden, Thailand, Taiwan, China*, Denmark, Germany, New Zealand, Philippines, France, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Mexico
*Not available to some regions of China.
Available only in the currencies specified by the Bank.
(The following currencies as of May 2021)
USD (U.S. dollar), EUR (euro), GBP (British pound), AUD (Australian dollar), NZD (New Zealand dollar), JPY (Japanese yen)
Currencies will be converted using the Resona Group App international transfer service exclusive exchange rates.
Rates may differ from those available at Bank branches.
- (1)Transfer fee: 2,000 yen/transfer
- (2)Lifting charge (only for transfers in JPY): 2,500 yen/transfer
*The recipient must bear any fees charged by relaying or recipient banks.
(1) You can use the Resona Group App international transfer service after first registering the Bank's specified customer (transferor) information.
Advance registration will be complete by the following business day. We will notify you of the result through the "Notices from the Bank" in the app. When returning, please correct the contents and reapply.
*Advance registration is required only the first time you use the service. However, registration must be changed if your name or address changes.
(2) Once the registration under (1) above is complete, the ""International Transfer Menu"" will display in the app.
(3) Enter the transfer request details (e.g., beneficiary, beneficiary information) and transmit the transfer data.
(4) When the transfer request is complete, the total of the yen amount converted to the transfer currency at the foreign exchange rate displayed in the app and the specified fees will be debited from the Japanese yen account registered in the app.
(5) In principle, a request completed by 3:00 p.m. on a banking day will be transferred on the following banking day. A request made after 3:00 p.m. on a banking day will be transferred on the second following banking day, in principle. However, if overseas markets are closed, then the transfer may be made on the following banking day or later in accordance with the Bank's rules.
14．Cancellation of transfer
Modification of transfer details
Customers may not cancel or modify transfers. In principle, transfers will be subject to be returned.
*In the case of return, the funds will be returned in Japanese yen at the exchange rate as of the date of the return. Foreign exchange losses may arise depending on the exchange rate on that date.
15．Days until receipt
You may not specify the date of crediting to the recipient's bank account because of the need for the recipient bank to complete its own procedures.
16．Service suspension, modification, cancellation
If any of the following cases applies to a customer while using the app, the Group may suspend the international transfer service at any time without notifying the customer:
- (1)The whereabouts of the customer are unknown to the Group for reasons for which the customer is responsible, such as failure to provide notice of change of address.
- (2)Inheritance proceedings have commenced.
- (3)The service has not been used for one year or longer.
- (4)There are grounds for cancellation of the contract by the Group, such as violation by the customer of these provisions.
- (5)Mail sent by the Group has been returned as undeliverable.
- (6)Information submitted to the Group has been found to have been false.
- (7)The customer's ID, password, and other information have been used improperly, or there are grounds for suspicion thereof.
- (8)The customer has violated the Group's specified rules.
- (9)There are reasonable grounds for suspension of use of the international transfer service by the Group.
- (10)The Group has determined that the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act, U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations, the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds, or other laws or regulations have been violated, or that there are grounds for suspicion thereof.
- You cannot specify a relaying bank.
- Fees assessed overseas by the relaying bank and the recipient bank may be deducted from the transfer amount.
- If your name or address changes, please complete the transfer procedures after first changing the name and address registered in advance in the app.
- Acceptance of international transfers may be suspended if entries of advance registration or request for a transfer are false.
- The availability of this service may be suspended in light of trends in exchange rates or other factors.
- Depending on the content of the transfer, you may be asked to present additional documentation at a Bank branch or elsewhere.
- You may be asked to provide information about the content of a transfer even after completion of the transfer.
- Transfers may not be possible because of such factors as errors in the recipient's account information.
- In some cases, a transfer may be refused after acceptance as a result of the Bank's designated procedures.